(also cantaloupe melon)
- A small round melon of a variety with orange flesh and ribbed skin.More example sentences
- Good vitamin-C sources are citrus fruits, strawberries, cantaloupes, tomatoes, green and red bell peppers and broccoli.
- Well, unlike bananas, tomatoes and peaches, cantaloupes don't ripen after they're picked.
- Research shows that bananas, cantaloupes, cucumbers, honeydew, watermelon, and zucchini, as well as chamomile and echinacea, contain proteins in their pollen that resemble the pollen found in ragweed.
late 18th century: from French cantaloup, from Cantaluppi near Rome, where it was first grown in Europe after being introduced from Armenia.
More definitions of cantaloupeDefinition of cantaloupe in:
- The US English dictionary