- The sport of jumping into a fast-flowing mountain stream and allowing oneself to be carried downstream at high speed: canyoning is an extremely popular summer thrill in the AlpsMore example sentences
- Though I was going to save bungee jumping, canyoning and the rest of the wild stuff for when I wasn't playing at being an Edwardian vicar, I had decided that paragliding was a must.
- I've been climbing for three years and partaking in sort of sports like this for probably five, like abseiling and canyoning.
- For more active visitors there's canyoning and mountain guides for hire, and for the less active there are plenty of waterside restaurants where you drink a glass of wine and read, or even write, a book.
More definitions of canyoningDefinition of canyoning in:
- The US English dictionary