Definition of capacious in English:
Having a lot of space inside; roomy: she rummaged in her capacious handbag
More example sentences
- Attorneys and judges in this bland, wood-paneled space all wear capacious robes patterned on the gowns of medieval European clerics.
- Over white wine and crackers - produced by Phyllis from her capacious handbag - we debate the grim nature of some women's lives in America today.
- I found the suites capacious, the sofas commodious, the sandwiches copious.
- 1capaciously adverb
- Example sentences
- Like his namesake, Lal Krishna, the bookstore's owner is an émigré from Karachi: but whereas that other Advani is humourless and hardnosed and fundamentalist, this Advani is kindly and wise and capaciously catholic.
- Whether soldiers or civilians, Capa's subjects were always recognizably, indeed capaciously, human, and their corpses remained, for the most part, buried in private.
- Now he took sanyas from politics, settled down in a small house, read capaciously, and wrote his versions of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.
- Example sentences
- To that end, we tested a host of models and picked the exemplars of four signal sea-kayaking virtues: capaciousness, zip, ease of use, and portability.
- Imitating it too faithfully would have killed the film's fragile momentum, but Minghella, working with the matchlessly resourceful editor Walter Murch, has tightened Frazier's ungainly tale while preserving its epic capaciousness.
- Critics argued that the narrowness of Rawls's philosophical lexicon undercut the capaciousness of his moral aims, thus failing to take diversity, especially religious pluralism, seriously enough.
Words that rhyme with capaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.