- Money spent by a business or organization on acquiring or maintaining fixed assets, such as land, buildings, and equipment: the past twelve months have seen cutbacks in capital expenditure by all ten water companiesMore example sentences
- We have companies looking to fund acquisitions or capital expenditures.
- Last year, semiconductor companies spent $28 billion on capital expenditure.
- Capital expenditure accounts for 11 percent of the Eastern Cape's total budget.
More definitions of capital expenditureDefinition of capital expenditure in:
- The US English dictionary