noun(often capital gains)
- A profit from the sale of property or an investment: a tax is imposed when individuals part with an asset and make capital gains on itMore example sentences
- Keeping taxes low on capital gains and dividends fosters investment and economic growth.
- Assume that you reinvest your dividends and capital gains payouts in shares of the fund.
- Also, all mutual funds are required to pay out all dividends and capital gains on a yearly basis.
More definitions of capital gainDefinition of capital gain in:
- The US English dictionary