- (Of a business or industrial process) requiring the investment of large sums of money: capital-intensive petrochemical plantsMore example sentences
- Unlike graphic design, her new business is capital-intensive and requires management of inventory, fulfillment, and manufacturing.
- Mechanization in turn meant more capital investment, and capital-intensive industries required the presence of workers all the year round.
- Part of the reason is that government policies favor investment in capital-intensive industries such as mining and oil while neglecting job-generating sectors like tourism and agriculture.
More definitions of capital-intensiveDefinition of capital-intensive in:
- The US English dictionary