- (In Australia, Nigeria, Pakistan, etc.) the territory containing the capital city of the country.More example sentences
- With more than 20 million votes counted in 21 of Nigeria's 36 states and the federal capital territory, Obasanjo had 66% of the votes compared with 27% for Muhammadu Buhari, a former ally.
- After the site was chosen for the capital territory in 1909, an international competition to plan the city was won by a Georgist, Walter Burley Griffin of Chicago, for whom Canberra's central lake is named.
- Each of the thirty-six states of the federation is represented equally in the Senate by three elected senators; the federal capital territory of Abuja has one elected senator.
More definitions of capital territoryDefinition of capital territory in:
- The US English dictionary