Definition of capitular in English:
1Relating to a cathedral chapter: an eminently qualified capitular candidate
More example sentences
- Cathedrals which were not monastic foundations, and collegiate churches, were served by secular clergy, the canons or prebendaries, who constituted the capitular body or chapter.
- It is very probable that the origin of the capitular body may be found in the bishop's household, his familia, as it existed in patristic times.
- Let some suitable remuneration be paid him out of the episcopal or capitular revenue.
2 Anatomy & Biology Relating to a capitulum.
- The medullar filaments terminate as a bundle of 1-4 - cm capitular filamerits above the thallus, thereby forming the brushy cap from which Penicillus derives its name.
- A second sample of 50 randomly chosen achenes of each capitular type was used to determine achene weight, achene dimensions and pappus length.
- The aragonite needles ranged from 1 to 4 m in length and were bundled in apparently random arrangements in a 10-m-thick zone between the outer walls of the capitular, medular, and cortical filaments.