1Relating to a cathedral chapter: an eminently qualified capitular candidate
More example sentences
- Cathedrals which were not monastic foundations, and collegiate churches, were served by secular clergy, the canons or prebendaries, who constituted the capitular body or chapter.
- It is very probable that the origin of the capitular body may be found in the bishop's household, his familia, as it existed in patristic times.
- Let some suitable remuneration be paid him out of the episcopal or capitular revenue.
2 Anatomy & Biology Relating to a capitulum.
- The medullar filaments terminate as a bundle of 1-4 - cm capitular filamerits above the thallus, thereby forming the brushy cap from which Penicillus derives its name.
- A second sample of 50 randomly chosen achenes of each capitular type was used to determine achene weight, achene dimensions and pappus length.
- The aragonite needles ranged from 1 to 4 m in length and were bundled in apparently random arrangements in a 10-m-thick zone between the outer walls of the capitular, medular, and cortical filaments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.