- Denoting a salad of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and fresh basil: lunch featured a caprese salad and vegetable antipastoMore example sentences
- The Italian classic, insalata caprese, has super-ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and really good olive oil.
- Even the tried-and-tired Caprese salad becomes an entirely new thing with slow-roasted tomatoes in place of raw.
- Traditional Caprese salad ($6) has sweet, fresh bocconcini cheese, perfectly ripe tomatoes and pungent fresh basil.
Italian, literally 'of Capri'.
More definitions of capreseDefinition of caprese in:
- The US English dictionary