noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A synthetic crystalline compound which is an intermediate in nylon manufacture.
- A lactam; chemical formula: C6H11NO
More example sentences
- China on Friday imposed antidumping duties of up to 28% on caprolactam, a nylon fabric component, imported from Japan and four European countries.
- Now this meant that in one go you could start from the reactants and end up with caprolactam, which is the stepping stone to nylon - and that's the revolutionary part of it.
- If caprolactam is found on the backup section, it is added to the amount found on the front section.
Definition of caprolactam in:
- The US English dictionary