noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A liquid fatty acid present in butter and other fats.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH3(CH2)6COOH
- Some researchers believe that one of the most potent non-drug or natural yeast-fighting substances is caprylic acid, a medium-chain fatty acid derived from coconut oil.
- Undecylenic acid has been shown to be approximately six times more effective as an antifungal than caprylic acid, and is effective in maintaining a healthy balance of intestinal and vaginal flora.
- After the medication came high doses of vitamins and minerals, ‘healthy’ bacterial flora such as lactobacillus and nondairy acidophilus, caprylic acid, and herbs such as grapefruit seed extract and paud'arco.
More definitions of caprylic acidDefinition of caprylic acid in:
- The US English dictionary