Another term for mirid.
- A potful of Nicotiana langsdorfii has been attacked by some kind of leaf-sucking thrip or capsid bug.
- Vegetables generally tolerate capsid damage and do not need spraying for this pest.
- A misconception as to what species of cocoa pests constitute 'capsids' was settled between farmers and scientists using a cage experiment on capsid damage.
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Capsidae (plural), from Capsus (genus name).
The protein coat or shell of a virus particle, surrounding the nucleic acid or nucleoprotein core.
- Further, intact viruses can be added directly to in situ water samples because the capsid offers resistance to endogenous exozymes.
- When considered in the context of other studies using chemical or heat treatment of capsids, our study indicates that penton release may be a common trend among double-stranded DNA containing viruses.
- Since the ejected DNA doesn't contribute to the detected signal, the decreasing signal once FhuA is added reflects directly the progressive loss of DNA mass confined in the capsids.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.