- another term for mirid.More example sentences
- A potful of Nicotiana langsdorfii has been attacked by some kind of leaf-sucking thrip or capsid bug.
- Vegetables generally tolerate capsid damage and do not need spraying for this pest.
- A misconception as to what species of cocoa pests constitute 'capsids' was settled between farmers and scientists using a cage experiment on capsid damage.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Capsidae (plural), from Capsus (genus name).
- The protein coat or shell of a virus particle, surrounding the nucleic acid or nucleoprotein core.More example sentences
- Further, intact viruses can be added directly to in situ water samples because the capsid offers resistance to endogenous exozymes.
- When considered in the context of other studies using chemical or heat treatment of capsids, our study indicates that penton release may be a common trend among double-stranded DNA containing viruses.
- Since the ejected DNA doesn't contribute to the detected signal, the decreasing signal once FhuA is added reflects directly the progressive loss of DNA mass confined in the capsids.
1960s: coined in French from Latin capsa (see case2).