- An honorary rank of senior officer in the British army, most commonly in an artillery regiment.More example sentences
- It was fortunate that the captain general commanding British and allied forces during the War of the Spanish Succession, the Duke of Marlborough, combined both the positions of commander of the army and Master-General of the Ordnance.
- The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery were tremendously proud to parade in front of the Captain General on what was a really important day for us.
- The Queen is the Captain General of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, and Head of the Armed Forces.
More definitions of captain generalDefinition of captain general in:
- The US English dictionary