Capable of attracting and holding interest; charming: a captivating smile
More example sentences
- His children had apparently never seen anything more captivating.
- Upon close observation, you will find inspiration in each of the artist's captivating images.
- In contrast to the opening 45 minutes, the second period proved captivating.
- Example sentences
- To illustrate this thesis, Hanson captivatingly narrates the details of the marches and men lead by three generals: Epaminondas, William Sherman, and George Patton.
- These days, my skepticism about the current state of photography is mostly relegated to cameras which, despite being so captivatingly small, remain annoyingly enigmatic.
- Although North America abounds with excellent ski resorts, some of the most captivatingly beautiful ones offering slopes the envy of the world are in Switzerland.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cap¦tiv|at¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.