Definition of car bomb in English:
A bomb concealed in or under a parked car, used especially by terrorists.
- According to one account, they used a car bomb and hand grenades to gain entry.
- On Sunday, two roadside bombs and a car bomb targeted US troops in three separate strikes.
- Blood and carnage are everywhere but this is no battle field scene, result of a U-boat attack or the aftermath of a terrorist car bomb.
verbBack to top
(car-bomb) [with object] Attack with a car bomb: in 1983 the American Embassy was car-bombed
More example sentences
- This operation sounds like a well-planned piece of strategy, whereby the US forces were lured to Haifa Street by the mortar fire precisely so that they could be car-bombed and attacked.
- In recent years the US has had three of its ambassadors murdered, and 49 people were killed when the embassy in Beirut was car-bombed in 1983.
- AFP reports that on Thursday, in addition to the two bombings at the Ministry of the Interior, guerrillas car-bombed a police station in Baquba and killed 3 US soldiers.
car bomber noun
- Example sentences
- The job: driving a truck; the danger: avoiding getting killed or injured by a roadside bomb, a rocket, small-arms fire, or a suicide car bomber.
- A suicide car bomber blew himself up yesterday near an Islamic shrine, killing five Iraqis in the latest attack on Shiite Muslim pilgrims marking a major religious holiday.
- A suicide car bomber wounded 58 US soldiers and three Iraqis yesterday when he charged the gates of a US military base and blew up his vehicle as troops opened fire.
Definition of car bomb in:
- US English dictionary