- The practice of sharing a car for regular travelling, especially for commuting: varying shifts worked by staff make car sharing difficult [as modifier]: some companies operate their own in-house car-sharing schemesMore example sentences
- As residents of the bustling city of Cambridge, across the river from Boston, the pair immediately recognized the potential for car sharing in their area.
- How widespread is car sharing in Europe and the US?
- The council wants to encourage car sharing so we also get free parking in the staff car park.
More definitions of car sharingDefinition of car sharing in:
- The US English dictionary