noun (plural same or carabaos)
- another term for water buffalo.More example sentences
- The scene I caught was a tribal celebration at night with the tribesmen dancing and then butchering water buffaloes (called carabaos in the Philippines).
- It may be topped with cheese made from the milk of the carabao (the local water-buffalo), slices of salted duck eggs, butter.
- The next wave came from Malaysia and is credited with developing agriculture and introducing carabao (water buffalo) as draft animals.
early 20th century: from Spanish, from a local word in the Philippines.
More definitions of carabaoDefinition of carabao in:
- The US English dictionary