- A cavalry soldier whose principal weapon was a carbine.More example sentences
- Light infantry also had flank companies, though their grenadiers were known as carabiniers.
- Two carabineers took Carlos out of his bed and one of them butted him in the chest, which caused him to fall to the ground.
- Carabiniers were the elite of the heavy horse, and fought in most of Napoleon's greatest battles from Austerlitz to Waterloo.
mid 17th century: from French carabinier, from carabine (see carbine).
More definitions of carabineerDefinition of carabineer in:
- The US English dictionary