noun (plural carabinieri pronunc. same)
- A member of the Italian paramilitary police.More example sentences
- We need to bring in the international community, like international police, gendarmerie, carabinieri, to help us.
- Giuliano finds himself caught up in this system, and on September 2, 1943, he kills a carabinieri (a state policeman) who tried to arrest him.
- When she insists on answering her questions from her Italian interrogators in English, she is assigned a young member of the carabinieri, Filippo, as her translator.
Italian, literally 'carabineer'.
More definitions of carabiniereDefinition of carabiniere in:
- The US English dictionary