Definition of carambola in English:
1A golden-yellow juicy fruit with a star-shaped cross section. Also called star fruit.
- The carambola, or five-finger fruit, has a mild but sweet taste, and a thinnish skin.
- Star fruit - or carambola as it's also known - is just the ticket.
- There are the kiwi fruit, watery rose apple, carambola, passion fruit, eggfruit, figs, strawberry guava, lovi lovi, mangostein, pomegranate.
2The small tropical tree which bears carambolas.
- Averrhoa carambola, family Oxalidaceae
- Carambola, a small tree or shrub, is thought to be native to Java or other parts of Indonesia, and perhaps also Sri Lanka.
- If you are growing custard apples, bananas, sapodillas and carambolas, they could all do with a dressing of citrus and fruit tree fertiliser spread evenly around under the leaf canopy.
- Carambolas can be severely damaged by flooding.
Words that rhyme with carambolaAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, viola, Zola
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan