Definition of carambola in English:
1A golden-yellow juicy fruit with a star-shaped cross section. Also called star fruit.
- The carambola, or five-finger fruit, has a mild but sweet taste, and a thinnish skin.
- Star fruit - or carambola as it's also known - is just the ticket.
- There are the kiwi fruit, watery rose apple, carambola, passion fruit, eggfruit, figs, strawberry guava, lovi lovi, mangostein, pomegranate.
2The small tropical tree which bears carambolas.
- Averrhoa carambola, family Oxalidaceae
- Carambola, a small tree or shrub, is thought to be native to Java or other parts of Indonesia, and perhaps also Sri Lanka.
- If you are growing custard apples, bananas, sapodillas and carambolas, they could all do with a dressing of citrus and fruit tree fertiliser spread evenly around under the leaf canopy.
- Carambolas can be severely damaged by flooding.