- A marine fish of the jack family (Carangidae), whose members typically have a sloping forehead and two dorsal fins.More example sentences
- Eagle rays, manta rays, sharks, barracudas and carangids can easily be seen in the blue.
- The outer shelf assemblage was primarily composed of oceanic pelagic taxa, such as carangids and scombrids, and mesopelagic taxa.
- Among these fishes the carangids and the ribbon fishes could be effectively utilised for surimi production in our country.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Carangidae (plural), from the genus name Caranx.
More definitions of carangidDefinition of carangid in:
- The US English dictionary