- A salt or ester containing the anion NH2COO− or the group —OOCNH2, derived from the hypothetical compound carbamic acid: [with modifier]: ethyl carbamateMore example sentences
- Five classes of pesticides were examined in the new study: phosphates, pyrethroids, halogenated hydrocarbons, carbamates, and endocrine disruptors.
- The harmful effects of many pesticides, such as organochlorines, organophosphates and carbamates, have led to the use of pyrethroids as alternatives.
- Nevertheless, carbamates, organophosphates and pyrethroids were the most used families of pesticides (Table II).
More definitions of carbamateDefinition of carbamate in:
- The US English dictionary