(also carbon disulfide)
- A colourless toxic flammable liquid used as a solvent, especially for rubber and sulphur.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CS2
- It is only slightly soluble in water, but it dissolves in many organic liquids, such as alcohol and carbon disulfide, to which it imparts a distinctive purple color.
- Exposure to industrial or environmental chemicals such as carbon monoxide or carbon disulfide can also have this effect.
- Gold surfaces are functionalized by stable dithiocarbamate ligands when exposed to carbon disulfide and secondary amines.
More definitions of carbon disulphideDefinition of carbon disulphide in:
- The US English dictionary