- A colourless, odourless toxic flammable gas formed by incomplete combustion of carbon.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CO
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- Obvious examples are water, methane, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and sulphur dioxide.
- It's only trees that sequester carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide from the polluted air.
More definitions of carbon monoxideDefinition of carbon monoxide in:
- The US English dictionary