- Making or resulting in no net release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, especially as a result of carbon offsetting.More example sentences
- Becoming carbon-neutral by planting trees is no get-out-of-jail-free card in terms of emissions reduction.
- His's the first carbon-neutral publishing company, planting trees to offset air travel and he's hoping to convince his readers to do the same.
- In the U.K., the CarbonNeutral Company works with banks and building societies to offer a carbon-neutral mortgage, which provides for the planting of enough trees to cover the carbon footprint of the home and lifestyle of its occupants.
More definitions of carbon-neutralDefinition of carbon-neutral in:
- The US English dictionary