- A forest, ocean, or other natural environment viewed in terms of its ability to absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.More example sentences
- Iberia's oak forests are a vital carbon sink for the whole of Europe.
- The forest will provide some much-needed lung space to Bangaloreans and act as a carbon sink by absorbing vehicular and other emissions.
- Besides that, firewood adds carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, while furniture or other products will act as a carbon sink for years and years.
More definitions of carbon sinkDefinition of carbon sink in:
- The US English dictionary