- A tax on fossil fuels, especially those used by motor vehicles, intended to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide.More example sentences
- The Greens believe the best way to recycle the income from the carbon tax is to reduce the income tax on the first $5000 that everybody earns.
- However, businesses could face a bill of €1.1 billion a year from the combination of the proposed carbon tax and measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- How many members here believe that the carbon tax will reduce the amount of emissions?
More definitions of carbon taxDefinition of carbon tax in:
- The US English dictionary