- An organic cation in which the positive charge is located on a carbon atom.More example sentences
- The key step in a unimolecular reaction is the formation of the carbon cation, or carbonium ion, by the departure of the leaving group.
- This paper reviews the concept of carbonium ions, their formation, stability and reactions.
- If a carbonium ion is involved in lysozyme catalysis then the TS structure will involve a planar, sp-hybridized C - 1.
early 20th century: carbonium from carbo- 'carbon', on the pattern of ammonium.
More definitions of carbonium ionDefinition of carbonium ion in:
- The US English dictionary