noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A very hard black solid consisting of silicon carbide, used as an abrasive.More example sentences
- A compound known as silicon carbide, also known as carborundum, is one of the hardest substances known.
- Control plants were also dusted with carborundum and mock inoculated with a sample volume of potassium phosphate buffer.
- Before inoculating, 600-mesh carborundum was dusted on the leaves.
More definitions of carborundumDefinition of carborundum in:
- The US English dictionary