- An enzyme which catalyses the addition of a carboxyl group to a specified substrate.More example sentences
- Chlorophyll contents, as well as concentrations of the carboxylation enzymes Rubisco and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, are lower in aquatic compared with terrestrial leaves of amphibious plants.
- Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase catalyses the carboxylation of PEP to form oxaloacetate.
- Within skeletal muscle and heart activation of AMPK leads to the phosphorylation and inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase.
More definitions of carboxylaseDefinition of carboxylase in:
- The US English dictionary