(also US carburetor)
- A device in an internal-combustion engine for mixing air with a fine spray of liquid fuel.More example sentences
- The most obvious change was the switch from putting fuel in the engine with a carburettor to using fuel injection.
- This sludge blocked fuel filters, carburettors and fuel-injection systems, leading to rough running and engine failures.
- To this the students may add the options of turbocharger or supercharger, carburetor or fuel injection with electronic engine management.
mid 19th century: from archaic carburet 'combine or charge with a hydrocarbon' + -or1.
More definitions of carburettorDefinition of carburettor in:
- The US English dictionary