- 1 [mass noun] Pasteboard or stiff paper: [as modifier]: a cardboard boxMore example sentences
- Most people will be aware that there is little demand for paper, cardboard, plastic and glass.
- Swindon Council provided households with a box for cardboard, paper and other recyclables.
- The duo have dispensed with plastic CD casings and fashioned their covers from stiff cardboard.
- 2 [as modifier] (Of a character in a literary work) lacking depth and realism; artificial: with its superficial, cardboard characters, the novel was typical of her workMore example sentences
- Mind you, no psychological sensitivity can really rescue these grimly cardboard characters.
- The cardboard characters they were from the TV show couldn't really sustain a movie.
- They were very very simple cardboard characters who mostly just have to glower, smoulder and say witty lines quietly.
More definitions of cardboardDefinition of cardboard in:
- The US English dictionary