- A parcel of food, money, or luxury items sent to a loved one who is away from home for an extended period.More example sentences
- Mom just came by here with a care package.
- She was there in Curtis Park here in Denver for a community service morning where they were packing up care packages for military families.
- She also makes sure the soldiers themselves have care packages.
1940s: from CARE, an acronym from the initial letters of Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe, a relief organization which arranged aid packages after the Second World War.
More definitions of care packageDefinition of care package in:
- The US English dictionary