noun[mass noun] North American
- The fare for travel on a bus, underground train, or similar public transport.More example sentences
- It was fifteen minutes’ walk from the store, and by taking this walk twice a day she saved carfare and the price of luncheon.
- Therefore, he demanded the return of the 50 cents admission, 10 cents carfare, and 30 cents for the time he spent at the ballpark.
- When he arrived in 1894, the story went, Little walked twenty miles to the Aikman ranch to save carfare.
More definitions of carfareDefinition of carfare in:
- The US English dictionary