- Decay and crumbling of a tooth or bone.More example sentences
- Untreated caries in primary teeth may lead to caries in permanent teeth and a possible loss of arch space.
- There's quite a lot of literature that goes back even to the '40s on the association of the consumption of dairy products with low experience of tooth decay or dental caries.
- Dental caries or sugar-bacterial tooth decay is largely preventable.
late 16th century: from Latin.
More definitions of cariesDefinition of caries in:
- The US English dictionary