- 1A vivid crimson colour: [as modifier]: carmine rosesMore example sentences
- If the set is entirely monochromatic the costumes use vivid colour - luscious carmine reds, particularly for the lovers.
- However, the most picturesque of all bee-eaters in the world is the crimson plumaged carmine bee-eater, which I had seen once - in a bare, dark thorny tree in Masai Mara, Kenya.
- Instead of being the customary deep red, it was an odd carmine colour.
- 1.1A vivid crimson pigment made from cochineal.More example sentences
- Also seek out natural sugar substitutes like stevia and natural food colors like annatto, carmine, carotene, and turmeric.
- It produces the colorant cochineal, otherwise known as carmine or E120.
- The carmine is used in an aqueous solution with potassium carbonate and potassium chloride. Glycogen stains bright red.
More definitions of carmineDefinition of carmine in:
- The US English dictionary