- A white or reddish mineral consisting of a hydrated chloride of potassium and magnesium.More example sentences
- Magnesium is found in seawater and as the mineral carnallite, a combination of potassium chloride and magnesium chloride, at the Stassfurt Mine in Germany.
- Its most common ores are lepidolite, carnallite, and pollucite.
- The most common minerals of chlorine are halite, or rock salt, sylvite, and carnallite.
mid 19th century: named after Rudolf von Carnall (1804–74), German mining engineer, + -ite1.
More definitions of carnalliteDefinition of carnallite in:
- The US English dictionary