- (In Mexican cooking) braised or roasted pork served shredded in small pieces, often as a filling in tacos, burritos, etc.: there are plenty of street vendors selling everything from hamburgers to tacos filled with carnitasMore example sentences
- In the town of Tepatitlan in Jalisco, Mexico, he discovered the secret to delicious carnitas.
- If you are into Mexican food they serve menudo, fajitas, various types of tacos, enchiladas, carnitas, rice, beans and more.
- But is it possible to get great carnitas in a restaurant where you can actually sit down, hear some music and maybe get a margarita or two?
Mexican Spanish, literally 'little pieces of meat'.
More definitions of carnitasDefinition of carnitas in:
- The US English dictionary