A large bipedal carnivorous dinosaur, typically one with greatly reduced forelimbs.
- Infraorder Carnosauria, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia; includes tyrannosaurus, allosaurus, and megalosaurus
More example sentences
- Allosaurus, predecessor to the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the dominant ‘carnosaur’ - carnivorous dinosaur - of the mid-Jurassic age, has been well known to palaeontologists for decades.
- The large carnosaurs and tyrannosaurs also appear to have shorter teeth than would be expected for a mammalian carnivore of their body size.
- Many carnosaurs have fairly good-sized forelimbs, unlike the Tyrannosauridae.
Definition of carnosaur in:
- The US English dictionary