Definition of carol-singing in English:
The singing of carols, especially by groups going from door to door at Christmas with the object of raising money.
- Bonfire Night tends to start in late October now, while Christmas carol-singing starts on November 6.
- If only church services would adopt such tactics: carol-singing would be so much more fun.
- Likewise, its carol-singing is held in its 350-year-old wine cellars, fuelled by roasted chestnuts and mulled wine.
- Example sentences
- The carol-singers are moving with the times around here and have abandoned all sense of tradition along the way…
- Okay, so they were eventually able to furnish him with proof that they were carol-singers, but my point still holds.
- A happy family of festive carol-singers, all warmly wrapped and looking unbearably cute.