Definition of carol-singing in English:
The singing of carols, especially by groups going from door to door at Christmas with the object of raising money.
- Bonfire Night tends to start in late October now, while Christmas carol-singing starts on November 6.
- If only church services would adopt such tactics: carol-singing would be so much more fun.
- Likewise, its carol-singing is held in its 350-year-old wine cellars, fuelled by roasted chestnuts and mulled wine.
- Example sentences
- The carol-singers are moving with the times around here and have abandoned all sense of tradition along the way…
- Okay, so they were eventually able to furnish him with proof that they were carol-singers, but my point still holds.
- A happy family of festive carol-singers, all warmly wrapped and looking unbearably cute.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan