A native or inhabitant of the US states of South or North Carolina.
- But only Carolinians, North and South, bother to barbeque.
- We'll be going back there to peek in on that town hall meeting, where, as I understand it, 3,000 Carolinians are even studying up on currency manipulation, as well as everything else.
- The two Carolinians have known each other since Glover was 10, and the young man's grandfather, sought Haas' counsel.
1Relating to South or North Carolina.
- As such, there is considerable latitudinal movement of fishes across the Virginian province, with New York waters becoming habitable by representatives of the Acadian province in winter, and the Carolinian province during summer.
- The band provide almost two hours of solid, upbeat Maritime - or Carolinian, as the case may be - music.
2Denoting a forest region extending from South Ontario to South Carolina.
- The centre specializes in interactive exhibits with a focus on Southern Ontario, and in particular Windsor and Essex County, including industry, the Carolinian forest and the Great Lakes waterway.
- The nearly two-mile Woodland Nature Trail provides the best introduction to the forest habitat, called eastern deciduous in the United States but here commonly referred to as Carolinian.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Caro|lin¦ian
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.