Definition of carousel in English:
1chiefly North American A merry-go-round at a fair.
- You've got elephants, giraffes, carousels and merry go-rounds.
- Swing boats, carousels, inflatable sumo wrestlers and rodeo-style bucking broncos are among a host of rides booked.
- Children will be able to enjoy a bouncy castle and a carousel.
2A conveyor system at an airport from which arriving passengers collect their luggage: they were waiting for their luggage to appear on the carousel at Heathrow airport
More example sentences
- ‘It's the same technology you see used in luggage carousels at airports,’ says Healy.
- One of her bags did not arrive on the luggage carousel.
- On closer inspection it seemed more like luggage abandoned on an airport carousel by someone too embarrassed to collect it.
Words that rhyme with carouselAdele, Aix-la-Chapelle, aquarelle, artel, au naturel, bagatelle, béchamel, befell, bell, belle, boatel, Brunel, Cadell, cartel, cell, Chanel, chanterelle, clientele, Clonmel, compel, Cornell, crime passionnel, dell, demoiselle, dispel, dwell, el, ell, Estelle, excel, expel, farewell, fell, Fidel, fontanelle, foretell, Gabrielle, gazelle, gel, Giselle, hell, hotel, impel, knell, lapel, mademoiselle, maître d'hôtel, Manuel, marcel, matériel, mesdemoiselles, Michel, Michelle, Miguel, misspell, morel, moschatel, Moselle, motel, muscatel, nacelle, Nell, Nobel, Noel, organelle, outsell, Parnell, pell-mell, personnel, propel, quell, quenelle, rappel, Raquel, Ravel, rebel, repel, Rochelle, Sahel, sardelle, sell, shell, show-and-tell, smell, Snell, spell, spinel, swell, tell, undersell, vielle, villanelle, well, yell
Definition of carousel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan