(also carpet snake)
- A common large Australian climbing snake that is typically brightly patterned.
More example sentences
- Morelia spilota, family Pythonidae.
- The Wuturu hold that the carpet snake owns the water of the Australian desert, and the traditional O'odham believe that every water source has a serpent-god, a corúa, to watch over it.
- The herpetologist (reptile collector) recently entered his prize-winning carpet snake in the Wild Australia Expo at the Darling Harbour Convention Centre, Sydney.
- Other contributing displays were provided by NT Wildlife Park, also sponsored by Coonawarra Ship's Fund, which brought a carpet python and a blue tongue lizard for people to view up close.