- A conspicuously marked small shallow-water shark with barbels around the nose or mouth, found in the Indo-Pacific region and the Red Sea.
More example sentences
- Family Orectolobidae: Orectolobus and other genera, and several species, including the wobbegong
- I did see a wobbegong or carpet shark but I was out of film as usual.
- I know it's not the stuff of heroes, being bitten by a ‘carpet shark‘.
- The man, 22, was snorkelling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle when the carpet shark attacked his leg.
More definitions of carpet sharkDefinition of carpet shark in:
- The US English dictionary