- 1 [mass noun] Carpets collectively: offices with wall-to-wall carpetingMore example sentences
- The church floor was carpeted in mottled wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Though wall-to-wall carpeting is the least costly floor option, carpets are harder to keep clean and harbor smells.
- With wall-to-wall white carpeting and ceiling-to-floor flowered curtains running along two sides of the room, the place had a homey ambience.
- 1.1The fabric from which carpets are made: a range of deep-pile saxony carpetingMore example sentences
- Flooring consists of linoleum and non-PVC-backed carpeting.
- The mauve plush carpeting felt good as my toes wriggled back and forth in it.
- For instance, broadloom carpeting may run $20 per yard, and the going rate for installation might be around $5 per yard.
- 2 [in singular] British • informal A severe reprimand: I was called to her office for a carpetingMore example sentences
- In trying to save his administration from a carpeting, the Councillor was writing today to name the culprits responsible.
- The company which operates the plant, now faces a carpeting from the government for attempting to cover up details of the incident.
- Yet he faces a carpeting today for once again losing his cool.
More definitions of carpetingDefinition of carpeting in:
- The US English dictionary