- A shelter for a car consisting of a roof supported on posts, built beside a house.More example sentences
- Two covered carports also shelter a woodworking shop and a recycling shed; more outdoor parking is included at the edge of the three-acre neighborhood.
- The 22-by 33-foot room replaces a carport and is connected directly to the house.
- Across the region, residents dealt with downed branches, knocked-over trees, malfunctioning traffic signals, leaky roofs, crumpled carports and battered mobile homes.
More definitions of carportDefinition of carport in:
- The US English dictionary