(also carriage return key)
- another term for return ( sense 5 of the noun).More example sentences
- Chadwick says: ‘With a typewriter you had the luxury of changing the paper and hitting the carriage return but with a computer your hands rarely move away from the keyboard.’
- What with the heavy nature of the machines and the need to imprint through three layers of carbons, a strong stroke was needed on each key and a firm arm to whack the carriage return.
- The carriage return is low, straight and unfussy so it can tuck inside.
More definitions of carriage returnDefinition of carriage return in:
- The US English dictionary