- A kind of knot used to join ropes end to end, especially so that they can go round a capstan without jamming.More example sentences
- The double carrick bend is used for joining 2 very thick ropes at the end, usually used by towboats to tow large cargo ships.
- Probably, the most famous knot used in English heraldry is what is referred to today as the carrick bend.
- The carrick bend, alas, is also known as the sailor's knot, which is not fair.
More definitions of carrick bendDefinition of carrick bend in:
- The US English dictionary