Definition of carriole in English:
1 historical A small open horse-drawn carriage for one person.
- As dusk drew near there was a general handshaking, and the carrioles scurried off along the highway.
- On arriving at the station we secured rooms and our two carrioles were put into the coach-house.
- When the clashes broke out my brother insisted on returning the cariole to its owner.
2(In Canada) a kind of sledge pulled by a horse or dogs.
- The road passes through beautiful, wild scenery and twice crosses the glacier and on busy days, up to 40 sturdy little Fjord horses pulling traditional cariole carts carry visitors.
- Kane made a sketch of this 1848 dog train that shows both sledges and carioles.
- Our visitor had travelled in a dog cariole.
Words that rhyme with carrioledariole
Definition of carriole in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.