- A beetle that feeds on decaying animal and plant matter.
More example sentences
- Family Silphidae: many species, including the burying beetles
- Reintroduction of this carrion beetle continues on Nantucket Island, off the coast of Massachusetts.
- The reason for the terrible smell is that it attracts pollinators like carrion beetles and sweat bees - insects specialized for decaying or sweating bodies.
More definitions of carrion beetleDefinition of carrion beetle in:
- The US English dictionary